vespamore photography (pronounced "vespa-mor-ay" combining the words vespa and amore, the Italian word for love, "vespalove" by definition)
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here As well as featuring my own work, this blog also features work by other photographers and anything else creative that has caught my attention or inspired me.

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

Disclaimer: any images or content not owned or produced by me remain the copyright of their original owner. The material and content contained within or provided are not to be used for commercial purposes, or distributed commercially without permission from the owner.

Please notify me by email of any errors or omissions, they will be immediately updated, corrected or removed.

16.7.13

Retrospective Scooters book - VVC Journal review

Just received the latest VVC (Veteran Vespa Club) Journal in the post which includes this review of my Retrospective Scooters book.

I'm pretty pleased with the review I'd say apart from maybe the relevance/appeal the book has to scooterists, although it's hardly criticism, more of an observation from the editor. For me, the book was about creating a home for some of the best vespa film photography I've done over the last seven years & creating a good looking coffee table book at the same time. Having taken all the shots myself & before now seeing them mostly at small scale; it's interesting for me viewing them larger & noticing details even I hadn't seen at first. There are loads of books out there chronicling the history of our beloved Vespa, with plenty of fotos of immaculate restored models but not much like this I don't think (particularly with the angle on 35mm film); the focus on a vintage vespa workshop is also something I don't think has really come up before & with the added interest of London, I reckon it makes for interesting material to most enthusiasts....

Another point I've heard raised is that I haven't made enough of the title of the book & me as the artist on the front cover. The book is first & foremost about the photography & we wanted to let it do the talking; I'm biased of course but I like it's subtlety.

Not that I'm at all unhappy with these comments, to be honest it's nice to get the feedback (good or bad). For those who have bought or flicked through the book, I'd be interested to see what you made of it. Answers on a postcard please... or just email me at vespamore@hotmail.co.uk or via the vespamore FB page.

We've got approximately 50 copies remaining of the book from the initial 200 we had printed in April. If you are interested in buying a copy (£29.50 + P&P), you can visit the specially set up book page here

Thanks to the VVC Journal's ed for the review - much appreciated ; )

www.vespamore.com

www.veteranvespaclub.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...