vespamore photography (pronounced "vespa-mor-ay" combining the words vespa and amore, the Italian word for love, "vespalove" by definition)
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here As well as featuring my own work, this blog also features work by other photographers and anything else creative that has caught my attention or inspired me.

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

Disclaimer: any images or content not owned or produced by me remain the copyright of their original owner. The material and content contained within or provided are not to be used for commercial purposes, or distributed commercially without permission from the owner.

Please notify me by email of any errors or omissions, they will be immediately updated, corrected or removed.

28.7.12

London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony

 
Film source: www.guardian.co.uk

Wow!! I don't know what others thought of film director Danny Boyle's visionary opening ceremony but I was pretty much blown away; mainly by the vision & ambition he displayed in taking on such diverse historic themes as Brunel & the industrial revolution, Suffragettes, the arrival of West Indian immigrants etc.... What a job to bring together all those elements in one show. I thought he did it amazingly well though; the lighting of the olympic cauldron being spectacular & unlike anything seen before it....

There were parts I liked less so, such as the NHS section but appreciated the sentiment behind it & the relevance & importance it has to this country. Mr Bean 'does my head in' I'm afraid but inexplicably is a very successful British comedy export! However being a Bond fan I did like the film sequence at Buckingham Palace which I thought was great & loved the very beginning film journey along the river Thames. Not being one of his fans; I even have to admit to enjoying watching 'Becks' steaming up the Thames in his speedboat, with the Olympic flame!

Musically, thought Dizzee & the Arctic Monkeys did a grand job & nice to see nods to Bowie, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Queen etc but much as I love The Beatles' music, Paul McCartney's voice is a long way past it's best. Although, it was a nice touch him & his band playing 'The End' from the excellent Abbey Road (my fave Beatles album) & in fairness he was the best choice to close the proceedings....

The central involvement of so many volunteers, children, nurses etc & emphasis on youth was great I thought. A lot of our country's history sits uneasily with me; our rampant Empire building, colonization, slavery & involvement in countries like Palestine & Ireland. Last night though, I did feel a sense of pride in being British watching Danny Boyle's ceremony - great job Mr Boyle & all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...