vespamore photography
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

vespamore photography also acts as a platform for others' quality vespa photography -
wherever possible, images displayed not belonging to me are credited with link to original photographer, artist or owner. If you see your images/films on here & object - let me know & they will be removed immediately.

Thanks for visiting - Paul Hart (vespamore photography).

Friday, 13 January 2012

Original paint Vespa Super










More great detail images of another original paint Italian Vespa owned by Vietnamese based Manh of Vnscooter, this time a very nice 150 Super. See also Manh's similarly lovely Vespa VBB150 which I blogged recently.

I'm really into original paint Vespas; they're only new once & I love the patina you get on these kind of original examples, including all that history; dinks, bumps, scrapes & all. Agreed some scooters are too far gone & certified 'basketcases' & have to be restored due to the ravages of time & rust etc. That said, I'm saddened by the amount of good condition, original paint Vespas I've seen over the years that have been stripped & 'restored' with a new paintjob. Granted it's the owner's choice; it just seems a shame to me if it's not necessary. Restored scoots never look as good in my eyes compared to the likes of this Super. I get very excited about discovering & shooting something like this example on the streets; much more than a restored scooter. In fact I did come across a 150 Super very similar to this in London a few years ago; a couple of the 35mm film shots I took of it can be seen here.

Thanks for the great images Manh - you have some beautiful scooters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...