vespamore photography (pronounced "vespa-mor-ay" combining the words vespa and amore, the Italian word for love, "vespalove" by definition)
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here As well as featuring my own work, this blog also features work by other photographers and anything else creative that has caught my attention or inspired me.

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

Disclaimer: any images or content not owned or produced by me remain the copyright of their original owner. The material and content contained within or provided are not to be used for commercial purposes, or distributed commercially without permission from the owner.

Please notify me by email of any errors or omissions, they will be immediately updated, corrected or removed.

9.9.11

Benzina magazine


click above image to view

I've blogged Benzina before http://www.teambenzina.co.uk/home/ & will no doubt do so again. I took delivery today of back issues #001 - #005 after meaning to order these for nearly the past year since first coming across this superb magazine.

Greg Pullen who independently writes & publishes Benzina asked to use one of my Moto Morini film shots for a feature in issue #004 http://vespamore-uk.blogspot.com/2011/03/published.html I was happy to oblige & Greg kindly sent me a copy of issue #004 by way of thanks. Upon receipt of the mag I was amazed at the quality of writing & photography which centres on iconic, beautiful, Italian classic motorcycles. The magazine really is like nothing else you will find on the news stands; containing in depth interviews with the bikes' builders & creators & includes accounts of those who raced them. I love to go touring on my classic vespa & Benzina regularly features inspiring stories of folk taking their masterpieces out on the road, like Bob Hill from the Midlands who rode his Laverda SFC750 down to the Laverda factory in Breganze (issue #001).

As mentioned the writing is of a very high standard but for me the photography is something to behold; I've included some shots below, scanned from various Benzina issues as a taster. However go visit the website & buy the mag; I really can't recommend it highly enough; as Greg Pullen says in his own words: "really it's more like a book, with stories that don't date and no advertisements; the heavyweight pages are 21 x 24cm in a landscape layout - because that's the way bikes should be seen" Am definitely with you there Greg ; )
http://www.teambenzina.co.uk/home/


 'Never ride naked' by Bob Carlos Clarke available as 24 x 36" giclee prints from an edition of 100 at £1900 details at www.bobcarlosclarke.com





 Davida helmets www.davida.co.uk


http://www.teambenzina.co.uk/magazine/

Also check out Benzina's blog for updates 
http://teambenzina.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...