vespamore photography (pronounced "vespa-mor-ay" combining the words vespa and amore, the Italian word for love, "vespalove" by definition)
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here As well as featuring my own work, this blog also features work by other photographers and anything else creative that has caught my attention or inspired me.

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

Disclaimer: any images or content not owned or produced by me remain the copyright of their original owner. The material and content contained within or provided are not to be used for commercial purposes, or distributed commercially without permission from the owner.

Please notify me by email of any errors or omissions, they will be immediately updated, corrected or removed.

9.7.11

Silverstone Grand Prix

The Silverstone Formula One Grand Prix takes place this weekend with the race tomorrow.

The first ever world championship grand prix was held at Silverstone in 1950.  
Guiseppe Farina won in an Alfa Romeo-dominated event in which the Italian manufacturer cruised to a 1-2-3 finish. Luigi Fagioli and British driver Reg Parnell filled the remaining podium positions.

Silverstone's track, pits & spectator facilities have undergone extensive refurbishment in an attempt to keep pace with more modern tracks like Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

Living in West Hertfordshire not far from Silverstone, the Grand Prix weekend begins and ends with the flurry of helicopters passing through our skies, ferrying wealthy spectators to Silverstone from London most probably.

Last night on my cycle ride from the train station to home coming back from work I spotted a beautiful white Lotus Europa. The owner had driven up from Kent & was staying overnight in W.Herts before driving up to Silverstone for the GP this morning, After getting owner's permission I got some film shots of his Europa. Then this morning cycling to station I was pretty amazed to see a Lotus Elan +2 ! Anyway I hurriedly got some shots of this too before catching my train. Hopefully my photos did the cars justice. Keep checking vespamore photography website www.vespamore.com & blog; I'll add the best shots in the next couple of weeks after I've finished my current film.

Follow link to see more of Silverstone's long history here http://www.silverstone.co.uk/about/history/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...